Monday, August 13, 2012

Getting Ready for Fall Football!

I think this poster on Pinterest pretty much sums up the football season. Of course, I love my husband more than anything. College football Saturdays are pretty fun, though. Love seeing lots of people and enjoying food, fellowship, and football.


In preparation for football season I put together this awesome wreath!

To make this wreath, I used the tutorial for a red burlap wreath found here. The only modification was that I didn't cut the ends of my squares and instead used a technique for folding more like the book page wreath tutorials out there. I also left some of the stray "hairs" from the burlap on. I like the rugged look.

For the letters, I painted the edges white and the tops got a coat of black and a coat of glitter black paint. For those of you who watch Texas Tech football, you know the famous helmets - I call them "black sparkle helmets." These letters are "black sparkle helmet" inspired.

Perhaps I'll make another similar one soon and take some better pictures as I go. For now, Enjoy these few pictures with my awesome camera!


1 comment: